Friday, May 22, 2009

I love Sapri





Sapri has been a very relaxing little town for us, especially for my husband who got sick. Every morning for the past three days we have been going out of town and taken the local bus or train to visit Maratera and Scario. Maratera is a beautiful old town on the hills with narrow streets and Scario lies along the beach. Both towns are about a thousand years old according to the local people. I have enjoyed the seafood, the salads, the bread, the wine and the ice-cream Mama Mia todo muy rico. This morning we went hiking here in Sapri and then swimming in the Meditarean Sea. I wanted to stop the time and just be inside the aqua colored water. We are staying in a hotel which is facing the blue sea and in front of a nice small park.

I have met a few immigrants from Romania here in Sapri who asked me for money and told me that life here was very hard. Also in Roma, I was asked for money, I thought that Italy didn't have homeless since it is a powerful country. Of course the United States has homeless people and it is a powerful country. Another problem is graffiti I see it everywhere, and it looks so ugly on a few of the old buildings.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana and Allan,
    It must be fun speaking Italian; once you get the accent, all you have to do is modify your spanish.
    Too bad the food is so expensive; Marilyn and I would come and visit you there; I'd hang out in an outdoor cafe, like the one in the picture.
    Makes the caffe bene seem retrograde.
    David (Marilyn's asleep; it's 12:30 AM here)

    ReplyDelete